Shannon Gaels GAA
Club Code of Best Practice for Youth in Sport.
1. Policy Statement
Shannon Gaels is committed to creating and maintaining the safest possible environment for all young people who wish to participate in our Gaelic Games and activities. The aim of this policy is to protect young people in our club from any harm or abuse, discrimination or degrading treatment and to ensure their rights, wishes and feelings are respected.
Young players are entitled to:-
- Be safe and feel safe.
- Have fun and experience a sense of enjoyment and fulfillment.
- Be treated with respect, dignity and sensitivity.
- Comment and make suggestions in a constructive manner.
- Be aﬀorded appropriate conﬁdentiality.
- Participate in games and competitions at a level at which they feel comfortable.
- Be listened to.
- Make their concerns known and have them dealt with in an appropriate manner.
- Be protected from abuse.